Tuesday 12 November 2013

RESEARCH: GENRE RESEARCH

Last lesson, I planned the outline treatment for a crime drama involving a realistic British scenario with a young college student who works part-time on the fish counter of a high street supermarket and who witnesses a stabbing as he leaves work.
In order to research crime drama genre conventions I watched a variety of clips from crime drama films to familiarise myself with the style used in this genre.

I don't watch crime drama often so I needed to familiarize myself. This genre sells well in boxed sets therefore I did a search on a website which sells boxed sets. 

I have made a list of crime drama that I intend to research in order to identify key codes in film and TV drama openings, starting with mainstream British and European, then American:
Inspector Morse BBC TV

Sherlock
Inspector Morse
BBC

Lewis BBC (sequel)
Endeavour BBC (prequel)
Jonathan Creek
Murder She Wrote
Inspector Poirot
Waking The Dead
The Midsomer Murders
Inspector Montalbano
Young Montalbano
(prequel)
Zen BBC
The Inspector Linley Mysteries
Taggart
Wallender
Silent Witness
Trial and RetributionLewis
(sequel)
Endeavour (prequel)
CSI
The Wire HBO



1 comment:

  1. You have made a good start in today's class. Please see the last three class blog posts for guidance.

    ReplyDelete