Monday 27 January 2014

PLANNING: ARGO TENSION

I have recently watched Argo as the film shows the process of distribution and I thought this would be helpful as I am currently doing my evaluation question on distribution. The film also creates a high level of tension which is created and maintained through the camera work and editing.  This technique may be used in my film as I need to create tension in my thriller opening.


Argo is about helping 6 American embassy workers escape from Iran. They do this by making the Iranian revolution believe they are looking for locations in Iran for a new movie. In order to make this movie believable the idea of the film is distributed as if it were a real film. The fake film had posters created, newspaper articles written and a publicized script reading with all the characters in costume.
In the last 10 minutes high levels of tension are created as the 6 escaping Americans try to get through security at the airport and onto the plain. The tension is created by the use of camera work, editing and music.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent research, Bryn, which clearly shows your understanding of how distributors attract and address audiences.

    ReplyDelete